Saturday, November 7, 2009

We interrupt this pretty irregulary scheduled catch up to give you...

...a Halloween catch up.

Featuring Nacho,

DSC_3793


his favorite snack-corn on a stick with mayo and chili powder,
DSC_3755



and (totally unrelated) a couple of pieces of gum stuck to the bottom of some shoes.
DSC_3934

I had a blast last year making Max's "Max" costume, so I decided to give it another go this year. As soon as I knew I wanted to do Nacho Libre, I began my search for all the pieces. My good friend Deseret Industries always comes through for me and this...

DSC_2666

...became this
DSC_3737

DSC_3803

DSC_3711
I worried about the cold on his little bare chest, hence the Chancho (two sizes too small) sweat shirt.
DSC_3784

I really wanted Jayne to be Encarnacion the nun, but wasn't sure if that would be offensive to some of our neighbors. So when my sister-in-law suggested she should be corn, I thought, "perfect" since Max's favorite line from the movie is, "Get that corn outta my face!" Sorry, I don't have a before shot, but I made it out of a nylon camping blanket. Only one person really got it without being told which I knew would be the case. Poor thing. One day she'll say to me, "Mom, how come all the other little girls got to be princesses and butterflies and I had to be corn with mayo slathered on it?" I'm sorry Jayne, I'm weird, but I hope one day even later on you'll look at this and appreciate it.

DSC_3847

DSC_3880

As for Shane and me, we weren't even going to dress up, but at the last minute saw the gum-on-the-bottom-of-your-shoe idea. It was fast and easy so we went with it. Again kind of obscure. Nobody got it and kept wondering why we had shoes on our heads. I know, it's kind of lame, but if you make fun of us you'll have to deal with this

DSC_3910

and you may get a nice pile drive to the face
DSC_3834

or a punch to the face
DSC_3844

and trust me, you do not want to get caught in the anaconda SQUEEZE
DSC_3864


Happy belated Halloween. Hope you had a good one too!

ooxxooXoXx (hug, hug, kiss, kiss, hug, hug, Big Kiss, little hug, Big Kiss, little kiss),

The Fraziers

DSC_3691


17 comments:

Ashlee said...

I love this!! So good.

Ang said...

Holy crap Louie! SO DANG funny girl... I love you! You crack me up... every picture will forever be a classic to share with posterity.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Oh my goodness-that gave me a good, needed laugh. You're killin me! I love the idea of Nacho Libre-very original! I am very very impressed with your creativity in putting that costume together-way to go! Once again-you amaze me woman! (Cause I'm pretty sure Elise had more to do with it than Shane!)

Kristen Weller said...

Wow. Awesome. Way better than a lame old store-bought (well, E-bay bought) Tigger costume!

Karrissa Winward said...

Those are seriously the best costumes! You are so creative and the costumes are perfectly made, wow!

Siggy said...

Hilarity at it's finest, fo sho! I love it!!! Let's play soon!

Krissey said...

Love it! That movie is absolutely hilarious and constantly quoted in our family as well. Very impressed with your creativity and exactness of the costumes!

Jenny said...

What great costumes! Serge and I loved them- especially some of the shots of Max as nacho- outstanding! What great ideas.

Heather Williams said...

Okay what the...this is AMAZING! You are super super talented. How cool that you made those costumes. Seriously classic. That movie cracks me up. It was so fun to see these pics.

love ya,

heather garner williams

Thedailydansie said...

You guys are so awesome! I love your costumes. Seeing Max as Nacho just made my day.

Jon Smith said...

Wow, you went all out in those costume designs, I dig 'em. The cape ornamentation is incredible. Max's belly looks real too, how did you make that?

Kem said...

Hee Hee, I love this so so funny great job!!!!! As soon as Justin is done with all the leafs in are yard I'll have to show him. I am almost rolling around the floor with laughter.

Our Little Corner said...

Remember last year when I didn't know that Max was Max? Well, I recognized him this year, for sure! That's got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. He can bring me some Orphan Chips any time. :)

Angie said...

Why didn't Max's Dad wear his Nacho costume? I know Shane, and I know he has one!!! Sweet digs and I can't wait to see the Nacho photos on Max's wedding video! Wardo

Danika said...

Love those costumes! I think if I show this post to Dan, our kids' costumes for next year will be decided. We love that movie at our house and quote it more than any other!

Melissa said...

OH my gosh, you guys are HILARIOUS! I can't get over how original you are, it's awesome. I love that Max was in that tight little suit and stretchy pants, and even in a too-small sweatshirt...could not be more perfect. We need to live closer. Really. So your creativity can rub off on us and so we can hang out and you guys can make us laugh. Weekly. At least.

missy. said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I laughed so hard at your kids' costumes. LOVE IT. I haven't been doing very well at keeping up with my friends' blogs either, but thanks for your little note on mine today. I'm glad to know Kya has a groupie already! We really should get them together to meet in person sometime, no??