Monday, March 16, 2009

Jayne's Blessing

We blessed Jayne on March 1st and it was a really beautiful day. It is a wonderful feeling to have your family close and to hear your precious baby receive a blessing from her Heavenly Father.






Something that made it even more special for me was that Jayne wore the same dress that I was blessed in. I hope someday she will be able to use it to bless her daughter as well.



Jayne was blessed to draw close to her grandmothers whom she was named for (My mom's real name (she goes by Jeannie) is Clara Jean. We went between Claire and Jane for a while and of course finally settled on Jayne. We scrambled Jean to get Jane and added the Y to stand for my mom's maiden name, Yardley. I know, complicated...we also just liked the name Jane a whole lot and liked the spelling with a Y :) Nickala comes from Shane's mom who also goes by her middle name (Ellen). We certainly hope Jayne can emulate these incredible women in so many ways.



She was also blessed to be a good friend to her brother...



...to know her parents love her and will always do so...



...and to be a light to those in her life...and that you are little Jaynie :)

12 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

She is just so adorable! What sweet precious pictures and memories. I'm sure she will and already has been a light to those in her life. I'm glad you had such a special blessing day for sweet baby James...I mean Jayne!

Anonymous said...

She looks beautiful in your blessing dress! I want to bless a daughter in mine, too. She is such a little cutie, she is starting to look so much like Max!

Sally said...

Could she be more PERFECT!! My mom said it was fun visiting with your family last weekend!! Email me at hotlacey30@hotmail.com if you can't get on my blog anymore. Oh and can you give Michelle my email too? Thanks

Six Girls and One Boy said...

What a post Elise, what a post. She's a beauty alright!

heather williams

Jen said...

Oh my! Is she Max's sister or what!? They look so much the same! You guys make cute kids...keep em coming!

Our Little Corner said...

She's so cute and that dress is beautiful. Natalee was blessed in my dress too. I think that's a wonderful heirloom-y type thing to do. It was a beautiful blessing too.

Stephanie said...

She is so beautiful! I love those pictures! The two with Max and Her are precious!!

Ang said...

What a sweet post Louie. She sure is beautiful. I love your baby blessing picture and that Jayne got to wear your dress. And I love the song that is now playing... ah.

the Flammers said...

She is beautiful, and so is your family. We hope you're doing well!

Kati said...

She is adorable!! You guys have good looking kids!! Congratulations!

kateworthi said...

Oh my gosh Elise, she is so so cute. Congratulations! I haven't really had the chance to say that yet - sad; I'm such a bad friend. Looks just like her big bro. You guys look great - I'm glad you had such a special day!

Jennifer said...

She is cute, guys, cute cute cute. Good work. And I love her name. And the pictures of her and Max. So cute.